Thursday, October 3, 2013

Off the Beaten Path: Sharon Sant

Today's featured guest is the lovely Sharon Sant. who contributed the chilling story, Soul Trading, to the anthology. 

Here's a little bit about Sharon from her author bio.

~ ~ ~ ~

Sharon Sant was born in Dorset but now lives in Staffordshire, England. She graduated from Staffordshire University in 2009 with a degree in English and creative writing. She currently works part time as a freelance editor and continues to write her own stories. An avid reader with eclectic tastes across many genres, when not busy trying in vain to be a domestic goddess, she can often be found lurking in local coffee shops with her head in a book. Sometimes she pretends to be clever but really loves nothing more than watching geeky TV and eating Pringles. She is the author of a string of YA novels, including Runners and the Sky Song trilogy.

~ ~ ~ ~


Sharon was able to answer a few questions for me, so without further ado, I present Ms. Sharon Sant!

Sharon, do you have anything you're currently working on, or are there any upcoming projects you can tell us about?

At the moment, I'm still promoting a fairly new book called The Memory Game, which is a YA paranormal. Along with the anthology, (Off the Beaten Path) this is taking up quite a lot of my time. I do have plans for the next book in my Runner dystopian series, which has been plotted out and hte first chapter written, and I hope to pencil some time in the diary to make progress with this soon.

What was your inspiration for Soul Trading for the anthology?

Soul Trading began with a simple idea - what if you met a man on a night out who wasn't actually a man at all? And if he wasn't a man, then what was he?

The story pretty much took shape all by itself as I wrote it, almost as thought it had a life of its own. As a kid, I remember my mum being fascinated by the idea of reincarnation and life after death, and all these memories came into play to help shape what I wrote.

Sharon, do you have a message, or anything you'd like to say to the indie community?

I love to interact with my fellow authors, readers, bloggers and general social media-philes, so look me up and chat away!

~ ~ ~ ~

Well, you heard her! Here is all of Sharon's contact information. If she's anything like me, she will absolutely love it if you reach out!

Follow her on Twitter @sharonsant

And, last, but certainly not least, take a look at her Goodreads page to see all of her previous works!

Tomorrow will feature Angela Roquet! Be sure to swing back by to read her interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment