Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tales From The Mist

Here is the brief review, as promised.

Just a little note for your information. When I write reviews, I will do my best to avoid spoilers. I know spoilers are probably not too likely to happen with a book full of short stories, but there are a few other books that I'm planning on reviewing here in a few.

Tales From The Mist is definitely worth buying. I love just being able to get a quick story in every now and then, and most of the stories in the book delivered. Some are chilling, some are sad, and there's a few twists in there as well. I feel safe to say that there's a little bit of something in here for everyone.

Also, if you want to support the indie community, this is a great purchase. I generally buy a couple indie books a month, although I have to confess I haven't had a chance to read them all, but they are all on my list of things to do! I know the reviews are just as important as the purchases.

Yesterday, I only got a little bit of editing done, although I spent a lot of time on the book cover. I'm currently working on the Smashwords dimensions, and my aim is to make something that can convert to Amazon pretty fluidly. I wasn't aware that this was going to be so tedious! I'll probably get to spend a little more time with the cover today and will upload it as soon as it's done. It's very tedious work for someone who's a novice at graphic design.

I had originally planned on hiring someone to do it for me. Give some support to the indie cover artists (They need love too!) but I actually love doing this type of stuff. I wanted to try my hand at it and see how it turned out. Plus, it's relaxing in its own way. I nice break from the editing I'm struggling with.

Speaking of creating things, I bought a little do-it-yourself shelve/bench for my little boy. Now his toys have a REAL home! He was very curious, and sat close by me as I built it for him. He was also very excited when he figured out his toys can go in the little blue boxes, and he helped me transfer them all from his old bin. Here's the finished result.

Yay! I finished something!

Alright guys. That's all for today. Time to enjoy what's left of the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. New follower through GFC. Although this is not generally the genre I read this book sounds quite intrigueing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! Glad you found me. What genre do your normally lean towards? One of the good things about short stories is if you don't like it, at least it's over fast!

      Delete
  2. Hi Debra! Thank you so much for the review of TALES FROM THE MIST. I'm glad you liked it. I just got a copy of AFTER. It sounds like something I'll enjoy.

    That shelf/bench is really cute! I think my nephews could use something like that in their room.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rhonda! I'm so thrilled you found my site! I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Consuming, and was actually the 'sad' story I posted about in the review. In fact, when I think about it, I'm still sad! So it stuck with me.

      My first reaction to you down loanding After was YES! Someone's going to read my book! And then it was Nooooooo!!! Not that one! That's just the first draft! I should have the polished copy up within a month, and there will be much celebration and fanfare on my blog.

      Thanks so much for contacting me! I think I'm falling in love with the Indie community, and I feel like I've only uncovered the tip of the iceberg so far.

      Delete