Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Little Rose

Silence And Sound
Silence And Sound
My darling daughter has just had her first poem published. She's ecstatic, and I am one proud mama. It was published in the school news paper, but still, she has the bragging rights! She got published before I did!

She was also quite indignant about the editorial liberties they took with her poem. I do have to admit, they changed it up for the worse. I'm not sure who made that decision, but it is what it is. I helped her get her original published on WattPad, so she's been passing around that link to her friends.


         But wait! There's more!

The Reason Why
The Reason Why
We've finally got a lot of the kinks worked out on her other story. It's something she calls... Creepy Pasta. I had to wiki that to figure out what it is. Apparently it's the in thing for kids right now. For those that don't want to click the link, it's just short horror stories based on urban legends. I've actually listened to a few that are narrated on YouTube, and some aren't bad.

The story she wrote a few weeks back, this Creepy Pasta thing, is also posted on WattPad. Any review I give on this is completely biased  so I will abstain. I know this isn't the perfectly written story, but she's making the effort and learning in the process! I am so very proud of her.

So that has been an exciting couple of days for both of us. I am also pleased to announce that editing seems to be going so much more smoothly now. I don't know what happened. Either I've figured something out, or I'm looking at it through rose-colored glasses and you're going to get a steaming pile of poo! Ahh, let's all hope that's not the case.

Anyway, I'm finally prepared to lay out a VERY tentititive deadline as to when the polished copy of After - Part 1 will be up on Smashwords. My target right now is before June, so I'm just going to say June 1st, just to be on the safe side.

~deep breath~

Okay, I said it! I can do this, right? Oh boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment