Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm back!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, wonderful 2013 holiday season! We've made it through another year, woohoo! The family and I spent New Year's Eve playing board games and having fun. At 10 till midnight, I realized I'd forgotten the eggnog and we had to improvise. The internet is truly an amazing thing. I pulled off a recipe, whipped up the creation and voila! Holiday eggnog. Wonder if a new tradition was just born?

Now, I have a few people out there waiting on paperbacks. I'm expecting my first shipment to arrive around the end of this month and I'll start shipping in February. Just a little update on that.

Also, I'm happy to report that it feels like I have a solid grip on things again. I haven't felt this way since before we decided to put our house up for sale. We're finally all settled after the move, I feel pretty settled in at the new job, my wrist is almost back to 100%, and I've been able to hit my daily goals for the past couple of weeks. You know what that means? I'll probably be sending my manuscript off to the editor by MARCH! That's a huge leap from what I had originally expected.

So, wishing everyone the best this year. Remember, it's up to you to make it all happen! I'll leave you with some poetry I wrote ages ago, written sometime during those horrible high school days. Maybe it wasn't ALL horrible.


Time passes, year by year.
Friends who go, new friends to meet.
And so on, life floats slowly by
Making memories, forever sweet.

                                                    d.r.johnson
                                                    circa 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment