Thursday, July 18, 2013

Social Media

First, I need to vent a little. It's Hell Week at work, (otherwise known as the annual Tradeshow week) and I have been run ragged to the point of dissolving into a puddle of goo as soon as I get home. My brain has been total mush, so I am very sad to report that no real progress has been made on the rewrites since Monday.

However, up to that point, things were going spectacular! I have Chapter 1 (both of them) in the mostly done pile and that's no small feat. My plan is to get a few edits in tomorrow and Friday, then really make up some time this weekend. I'm waiting to hit that point of revelation where everything falls into place. That still might be just a little bit down the road.

Okay, so here it is.

Social Media


It really took me awhile to warm up to the idea of trying to juggle 3 social media sites as well as write/edit my book AND work that full-time desk job, but now I think I'm ready to give it that ole college try. I know how important it is to get myself out there so I can spread the word for The Phoenix Curse and I love the interaction that I have with my readers. So this is my goal. Opening up more avenues for you guys to find, follow and, most importantly, talk to me! I read every comment and email I've gotten and I respond to all, so don't be shy!

I'm ready to unveil my bright, shiny and new Facebook page right here.

Facebook.com/DRJohnsonwriter


Also, if you're more of a twitter follower, then here ya go.



My twitter page has been running for a while although it might be a tad neglected. Honestly, most of my updates come in blog form (right here!) but I will probably start to utilize them both more often. I am, as always, excited to take another step in my journey and very glad to have you all with me!

One last thing before I shut down for the night. I know I've been needing to do this for a few months but just haven't forced myself to make a plan. However, since I have my new outlets of Facebook and Twitter, I'm going to implement a blog schedule in hopes to make it easier for all of us.

Regular status updates will now come on Thursdays. This will be all the juicy TPC info, along with any other project I'll be working on.

Reviews will be posted on Tuesdays when I have one. And I have one, I just haven't had time to write it yet. I need to get to it before I finish the book I'm currently reading. I didn't think I would get so behind!

OH!! And one FINAL FINAL thing, (I promise this is it, for real this time,) I have a decent sized conjunctivitis cyst on my right eye. Yup, nice little souvenir I picked up from that wonderful vacation during the 4th. It's rather irritating, so off to the Dr I went. The plan is to have it scraped (shudder) on Tuesday. I will be a one-eyed pirate for the rest of the day, so it's not ALL bad. I'm interested to see how much editing I can get done though!

Alright, there's my spiel for the week! Have a fabtastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment