Saturday, April 13, 2013

Today I Learned...

I guess it's been more over the past week that I figured this out, but editing is all kinds of boring. At least from my very short experience with it. Writing is much more fun! I have set aside a couple hours a day to edit and work on my rewrites. Even though I'm not bouncing off the walls while I'm doing it, I'm still keeping up a steady pace.

I am also quite pleased with what I've already got polished up as the 'final final' draft. THAT is something that is very exciting and terrifying at the same time. The more of these scenes and chapters I get behind me, the closer I am to releasing this to the public. That next step is looming on the horizon as a manifestation of all my fears and doubts, staring down at me with judgmental eyes and waiting for me to break.

But I can't break. I've put too much work into this to leave it unfinished now.

And there's just so much more rattling around in my head I need to get out.

The last thing I want to do is disappoint the few of you that have been following me. I just hope I can deliver a story that you can enjoy.

Once again, I wish I could give you a timeline for when I expect to be done on the editing, but I've found that my progression is varying from day to day. Some days I can run through a scene easily, then others I can get lost in rewrites and end up adding to the editing pile instead of taking away. So... sorry about that.

As far as my one day a week rule for Book 2, that's going awesome. I'm already halfway through chapter two.

So there's my almost weekly update. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment