Monday, March 25, 2013

Victory

The day after achieving one of my biggest goals, and all I can say is I'm still exhausted. Yesterday was not only the completion of the first draft of my first full length novel, but I also blasted through my word count record for one day, and left my old record eating dust.

My previous record stood at around 4k, and that was from the closing days of my first NaNoWriMo when I was exuberant at the fact I was going to finish my goal on time.

Yesterday, I ended the day with a whopping 6885 words, and it was absolutely amazing. The words were just flowing, and I never hit a point where I was sitting there going... "What now?" I just knew what was going to happen.

There was a moment where I finished a paragraph and sat back and just stared at my screen. I was so nervous, I actually ran my hands through my hair and squeezed my palms against my temples and thought... Am I really about to write this? This is the end. The end is starting right now.

And now the editing begins in earnest.

Since I have never done this before, I have no time line to lay out other than I will be trying to get this done and available on Smashwords ASAP.

I am very excited and pleased right now. And did I mention exhausted?

Exhausted...

No comments:

Post a Comment