Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ground Zero

I don't know what's going on right now, but this house has been riddled by sickness since last Friday.

The toddler started it, throwing up at his sitters. Then once I got home Friday night, (after getting a good amount of writing done, thank goodness) it started for me. Oh, it was so bad. Lasted for me all night Friday night, then again Saturday afternoon. Once the puking stopped, the congestion/sinus infection set it. REALLY? So I wasn't eating normal again until Wednesday.

And that was just me.

My husband and Mother-in-Law (she's visiting) have been dealing with the same thing all week. It just catches hold and lingers.

Oh, and my son puked on me yesterday. Thanks little boy. I appreciate that.

So if the zombie invasion is starting, it's right here, right now, and I'm not making it out of this. This is ground zero.

So, as one would imagine, I haven't gotten much writing done all week. I DID manage to finish up Chapter 19, and break some ground on chapter 20 before I gave in to the sickness. I did go back and get some edits done, but just didn't feel like writing new stuff. Chapter 20 is going to be a big chapter, and I've replayed the scene in my head over and over and over again. I'm hoping it's not as difficult to get down on paper as the Joss/Becky scenes were. I should have the whole first draft done by next weekend.

Very exciting!

Oh, and I'm no longer sharing a spoon with the toddler. As easy as it is when dinner time rolls around, I have been sick 4 times in the past month. Just ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment