Monday, January 28, 2013

That February Goal

That original goal of being completely done by February really crept up on me. For the longest time, it had just been a far off date, like a light glowing at the end of a very long tunnel. Now it's right around the corner and I'm facing the fact that I am just not going to be done.

When the idea of After originally started to form in my mind, I only had two scenes planned out. Joss wasn't even a POV. Hell, Joss didn't even exist when I first clawed my way into Ali's mind and started putting her story into words.

Two scenes were all I had. The birth of an idea.

100k words in, and neither one of those scenes have been written yet.

I would guestimate I still have a good 30k words to get us to the end of this book. I've been taking it slow, maybe a little too slow, after finishing Part 2. It's clear I need to pick up the pace again.

So here goes. I plan to put out a minimum of 2k words a day until I can wrap this baby up, and give it a name. Then I'll be starting the long editing process that I hope will go smoother than I'm imagining. I've never done this before, and I have to admit I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I think this post is mostly a shove to get me motivated again, and push past my fears.

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment