Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Game of Rewrites

Ugh.

That about sums up my feelings from the past few days. I've been working pretty diligently on editing, although I did take the day off on Sunday. That was my Dreamland day, anyway.

I feel pretty good about what I was able to accomplish yesterday, although in the big scope of things, I'm still not pleased with my pacing on the editing. It's a learning process, I know, I just wish I could go a bit faster. I will continue to work on it and improve the best I can.

Right now, I'd like to discuss one of my favorite authors. Mr. George R. R. Martin. I know the man is the IN thing right now because of the HBO show, Game of Thrones, and that thrills me to no end, but I was a fan of his writing before the show was even a thing. My husband and I have both read A Song of Ice and Fire and we are eagerly awaiting the Winds of Winter.

I think Mr. Martin is a genius. Beyond the fact that my husband and I were able to share the story with each other, the books have also inspired many conversations and lengthy discussions. A Storm of Swords is one of my all time favorite books, so you can imagine how excited I am for this season of A Game of Thrones.

The episode that aired last Sunday night featured a scene that I was eagerly awaiting from the very first announcement of the show, and it did not disappoint. It was wonderfully done, and not only am I happy about that, I am also very gratified.

I highly recommend both the books and the show.

Now, that being said, I'm off to rewrite Chapter 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment